15th June – Active Learning Week 🏃♀️🏃♂️🏐🎨❤
Hi everyone! A big WELL DONE to all of you for your hard work that you have been doing at home with your family! I really enjoyed receiving all of your photos and updates and I do hope they continue as we begin to enjoy our active learning over the coming weeks! If you are happy to share your photos on the school blog, please mention it at the bottom of your email.
We’ve had some birthday celebrations over the last week!
Ava Willow celebrated her 7th Birthday with her family and said it was her “best birthday EVER!!” We’re so happy you had a great day Ava Willow!! Wishing you a big Happy Birthday!! Here are some photos of Ava Willow on her birthday and doing the Coastline Trail with her sister.
Filippa celebrated her 7th Birthday with her family and made a Lego Shark she got as a present! It looks amazing Filippa!! We’re delighted to see you had a great day! Wishing you a big Happy Birthday!! Here are some photos of Filippa on her birthday and doing the Native Tree Trail with her sister.
Here is your Active Work to complete this week. I hope you all have lots of fun taking part!
Locations within the trail:
St Anne’s Park
– The Rose Garden
– The Red Stables
– The Tree of Life
What you will need
– Trail booklet
– Measuring tape
– Small box of matches or lollipop sticks
Complete the Maths/ Nature Trail around St. Annes Park.
Booklet attached in email.
|Active Alphabet Challenge Card attached in email||· Complete the Active Alphabet Challenge Card
Using the chart complete the following challenges to spell:
– Your first name
– Your full name
– The day of the week today.
– Your friend’s name
– The names of the people in your family
– Some words from your word families/ tricky words list.
See if someone in your family can figure out what words you have spelled.
|Active 100 activities card attached in email||Using the Challenge Card, choose a different task every day this week! It could be anything from learning to juggle, to learning a dance or skating with shoe boxes on your feet! Have fun!!
|Active Home Week Exercises|
|Try stay active every day by completing one of the suggested links||Online Resources
● Scoilnet ‘Beyond the Classroom’: video exercises for home. There are plenty of videos for running, throwing, balancing, catching, landing, skipping and much more! https://www.scoilnet.ie/pdst/physlit/beyond/
● PE with Joe (a 30 – 40min video is put up every day on The Body Coach’s YouTube channel to follow) – https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1/playlists
● ActiveforLife: https://activeforlife.com/activities/
● Movement Breaks: https://standupkids.org/movement-break/
● Louth Sports Partnership: https://louthlsp.com/wellbeing-during-covid-19/
● Katie Taylor Boxing Workout: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-7Tsq6H_H4/
|PDF of poses attached in email|| Try learning some new yoga poses and practice your mindful breathing. You could try this outdoors on a nice day!
|If the weather is dry, try some of these outdoor art activities.|
|Active Home Week Chart
Fill in your Active Home Week Chart. Aim to complete 4 activities each day and up to a total of 60 minutes. Chart attached in email.
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me on my email. I hope you have lots of fun this week staying active! Please share your photos with me!
Mrs. Teeling and Elsa Bear 😀🐶