Science – Rainbow Colours!!
Science Rainbow Colours!!
We were way overdue for a fun experiment, so I broke out the materials for a paper towel experiment!
- Food colouring
- Spoon to stir
- Paper towels
- Clear cups
This was so simple and worked like a charm! I put 5 plastic cups – filled with water, 2 empty.
- Add food colouring to each one and stir. We used yellow, green and blue.
- Roll a paper towel into a tight tube.
- Stick one end into one of the coloured waters, and the other end into the empty middle cup.
- Repeat for the other side, so that each cup has a paper towel that ends up in the middle cup, as seen above.
- Observe the water moving up the paper towel. Ours took a while to get down into the other cup (30 minutes).