- Tricky word list (email)
- Reader: p. 22-24 and practice new words on back cover
- Dictation (email)
- Maths Game here and here
- Maths: Today we will look at Capacity. This can be a little messy so it might be a good idea to do it outdoors. Gather whatever containers you have at home: bottles, buckets, empty yoghurt pots, cups, bowls, egg cups, spoons. Then just have the children explore and see how many it takes of one container to fill another. Here are some questions/prompts to guide you:
- Full, empty, half full, half empty, nearly full, nearly empty, most, least
- Which container would hold the most/least?
- How many of x do you think it would take to fill y?
- How many more would it take to fill it to the top?
- Which would be the best one to fill x? (basically, you might choose a spoon to fill an eggcup but you would use a jug to fill the basin)
*The relevant page in Busy at Maths 28. Although it is not necessary to complete any worksheets for capacity as it is more of a hands on topic I will send on some in case you prefer to have the worksheet.
- Busy Break
- Gaeilge-Bua na Cainte: Caitheamh Aimsire, Ceacht 5
- SPHE: Feelings Booklet