For art over the last four weeks we have been making Papier Maché masks. It was a lot of work but we had lots of fun doing it.

First we had to cover the masks with vaseline so that we could use the masks as a mould but they could also be removed later. Then we tore lots of newspaper into little pieces. Using PVA glue we stuck newspaper to the mask. Over three weeks we tried to get at least four layers done so that our masks were really strong. When they had dried we removed the mould we had used. Then we were able to paint and design them in whatever way we wanted.

Here are some pictures of us amking our masks and what they looked like at the end.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *